Trending: Inexperience to blame for Dembele injury, PSG row rumbles on
Tuesday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
– President Josep Maria Bartomeu says the club “didn’t make a mistake” in hiring Valverde.
– United need to keep winning trophies in order to stop David De Gea from going to Real Madrid, Ander Herrera has said.
– Luke Shaw was left out the Manchester United under-23 team on Monday night, suggesting the defender could make his first-team return against Burton Albion this week.
– Rio Ferdinand will announce on Tuesday that he plans to become a professional boxer, according to multiple reports.
– Paris Saint-Germain coach Unai Emery acknowledged the growing tension between Neymar and Edinson Cavani after their 2-0 win over Lyon at Parc des Princes.
EVERTON: Wayne Rooney has apologised after being banned from driving for two years and ordered to perform 100 hours of unpaid work as part of a 12-month community order.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp says there may have been unfair expectations placed on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain when he first arrived at Arsenal as a youngster.
– Danny Ward, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Marko Grujic will all start in Liverpool’s trip to Leicester City in the Carabao Cup, manager Jurgen Klopp has said.
INTER MILAN: Luciano Spalletti has called star striker Mauro Icardi “impossible to stop,” but has cautioned that the Argentine can still improve.
BAYERN MUNICH: Manuel Neuer has been ruled out of the trip to Schalke on Tuesday and could face a longer spell on the sidelines with a foot injury, according to German newspaper Bild.
– Minnesota United on Monday hired Minnesota Timberwolves president Chris Wright as the MLS club’s first chief executive.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.